Here are some commonly asked questions about our faith. If you want to know more, come join us for services or feel free to contact us!
- Bible References are from the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) & New King James (NKJV) Versions.
The Bible is the inspired word of God, written by prophets, Kings, and disciples, guided by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). It includes the Tanakh (“Old Testament”) of 39 books (c. 1500 BC – AD100) & the New Testament (Brit Chadasha) of 27 books (c. AD45-100). It has been the most studied book in history, demonstrated as historically and scientifically accurate, with thousands of ancient biblical manuscripts available today, including the Dead Sea Scrolls (dated c. 250 BC - 30 BC)*. The realization of past & future Bible prophecies (on Israel, the Messiah, etc.) validates the Bible as the word of God.
*“The Dead Sea Scrolls”, Biblical Archaeology Society, 2007
- God (YHWH, Jehovah) created the heavens & earth and created man in His own image
- Adam & Eve (the 1st humans) sinned (broke God’s commandments), after being tempted by the Devil (Satan) (a fallen Angel), bringing death into the world.
Note: Believers in the Messiah (Christ) will be resurrected into eternal life (John 3:16)
- When earth’s population became wicked, God destroyed it with a world-wide flood, except Noah, a just man, and his family and the animals brought aboard an ark.
Note: God will likewise judge ungodly men in the last days (but with fire) (2 Peter 3:5-7, Revelation 8-20)
- God chose Abraham (and his descendants (the Israelites and the Messiah)) to be a blessing to the world (Genesis 12:2-3)
- The Israelites, slaves in Egypt, were protected from plagues and freed from slavery through faith, by God’s power, through Moses (c. 1450 BC).
Note: Those with faith in Messiah, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, will be freed from the desire to sin and God’s wrath in the last days (John 16:13, Romans 8:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:9)
- Moses received God’s written laws (e.g., the 10 Commandments & others), to be followed by mankind to please God and for our good.
Note: Many ceremonial laws (e.g. animal sacrifices - prophetic foreshadows) were fulfilled by the coming of the Messiah and the moral laws (e.g., unconditional love - seeking the best for others) are now written on the hearts of Believers who are led by the Holy Spirit (Jeremiah 31:33, Galatians 5:18)
- God’s prophets(e.g., Moses, David, Isaiah, Micah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc.), guided by the Holy Spirit, provided God’s instructions, foretold the coming of the Messiah, the judgment of unrepentant sinners, & the coming kingdom of God on earth
The coming of Yeshua, the Messiah (Jesus the Christ), the pre-existent Son of God, was prophesied in the Bible (Deuteronomy 18:15, Micah 5:2, Daniel 9:25). Yeshua was sent by God, born to a virgin (Mary) as a sign of God (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26-34) (c. 4 BC), lived a sinless life (1 Peter 1:19), taught how we should live our lives, performed miracles as signs from God, and was crucified on a cross in Jerusalem (c. AD32), receiving the punishment for our sins as a substitute, paying the price (redemption) for us (Isaiah 53:5, Daniel 9:26, 1 John 2:2, Hebrews 9:15). He was raised from the dead by God (Psalm 16:10, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8), and told His disciples to tell the world the good news (“gospel”) of what He did for them, and the coming resurrection & judgment of all people and the Kingdom of God on earth. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God. He will quickly return to rule on earth (Psalm 110:1-2, Daniel 7:13-14, Matthew 26:64).
We will all be judged (Daniel 12:2, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 20:12). God has given all judgment to Yeshua (John 5:22, Romans 14:10). Everyone has sinned and broken God's laws/commandments (Ecclesiastes 7:20, Romans 3:23). Sin leads to separation from God & damnation (Psalm 1:6, Ezekiel 18:20, John 5:29), but God has given all of us the option of eternal life and forgiveness of sins through receiving Yeshua, as our Lord & Master (Romans 6:23). We must repent (turn away) from our sins and follow the way to God & His Son to have everlasting life (2 Chronicles 7:14, Luke 13:3, John 14:6, Acts 3:19, 2 Peter 3:9).
God (YHWH) provided His laws for mankind to Moses. These included the following 10 Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17):
- You shall not have any other Gods beside Me;
- You shall not have any images of God (idols) or bow down or serve them;
- You shall not use the name of God in vain (falsely);
- Remember to keep the Sabbath Day holy (for God). In it you shall do no work;
- Honor (respect) your father and mother;
- You shall not murder;
- You shall not commit adultery;
- You shall not steal;
- You shall not be a false witness (lie);
- You shall not covet (desire) anything which belongs to your neighbor.
"The most important (commandment) is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD is our God, the LORD is one, and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
“The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself’. There is no other commandment greater than these."
God also said (in Leviticus 19:17):
“Do not hate your brother in your heart”
Similarly, Yeshua said:
“…love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those that hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you & persecute you...” (Matthew 5:44)